One of the easiest, most versatile and underrated foods of all time: waffles! Sweet or savoury, waffles are always a hit. This is a basic recipe for vegan waffles but I normally use gluten free flour for them. You can change up the flour or adjust the measurements, just keep the ratio the same.
– 1.5 Cup four sifted
– 1.5 Cup almond milk or soy milk
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (omit if making savoury waffles)
– 1 heaped tablespoon rice malt syrup (omit if making savoury waffles and add a pinch of salt instead)
– 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1. Combine flour and bicarb, then add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Add a little coconut oil to your waffle maker and spoon in mixture. Cook.
3. Serve topped with vegan ice cream, fresh fruit or savoury toppings. Enjoy!