Banana bread is always a good idea. Muffin size means bite size so do be warned, these babies are addictive. But they’re sugar free, (except for the white chocolate…) so hell with it! Enjoy.
– 2 and 1/3 cups flour
– 2 overripe mashed bananas
– 1 cup soy milk
– 1/2 cup vegan butter
– 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
– 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1 cup vegan white chocolate buttons
– 1 flax egg or chia seed egg or half a mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 190C or 170C fan forced.
- Make a flax egg: combine 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons water and give it a really good mix. Let it sit for a minute and mix again. You can use a chia seed egg or half a mashed banana if you prefer.
- Sift the flour and add bicarb, then soy milk, flax egg, mashed bananas, melted butter and rice malt syrup. Combine.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin tin with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Spoon in your mixture, leaving about 1/4 of space for the muffins to rise.
- Place in oven for about 20 minutes if you’re making regular sized muffins, 10 minutes if you’re making mini ones. They’re ready when a fork or toothpick comes out of them almost clean. Let them sit for a few minutes once removed from oven. Enjoy!