Banana breads and slices happen around here all the time. We’re kind of crazy about bananas. And when they’re overripe, it’s the perfect excuse for a treat.
I like to keep these vegan peanut butter and chocolate banana bread bars in the freezer for a grab and go snack. They last pretty well in there. Hope you like them!
– 1.5 cup almonds, blended to flour
– 1.5 cup sunflower seeds, blended to flour
– 2/3 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
– 3 overripe bananas
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 cup coconut flour
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Ingredients for the top:
– 2 cup dark chocolate chips
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Mash or blend the bananas with peanut butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla essence.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate and coconut oil for the top. Mix it all together.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper (I used a 22cm x 22cm tray).
4. Spoon in your mixture, spread and flatten into the tray.
5. Melt the 2 cups of chocolate chips with coconut oil on a low heat, constantly stirring.
6. Pour the chocolate over the mixture and place in freezer for about an hour.